Men’s Senior National Team roster announced
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Feb. 26, 2023) – USA Gymnastics on Sunday evening reordered its Men’s Senior National Team following the conclusion of Winter Cup.
Five gymnasts automatically qualified to the Senior National Team based on their top-five finishes in Friday’s all-around Winter Cup competition, an additional five athletes were named in rank order from the 10-point program used combining results from Friday and Sunday, and one met individual event (IE) benchmarks. As a 2022 World Championships gold medalist, Brody Malone also secured automatic selection.
The remaining individuals were named to the team by the Senior Selection Committee, who considered results from Winter Cup in addition to submitted petitions. Full selection procedures can be found on the USA Gymnastics website.
Members of the current U.S. National Team are listed alphabetically below.
- Taylor Christopulos (Layton, Utah/University of Nebraska**
- Asher Hong, Tomball, Texas/Stanford University*
- Josh Karnes (Erie, Penn./Penn State University**
- Ian Lasic-Ellis, Dover, Mass./Stanford University*
- Riley Loos, El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University**
- Brody Malone, Aragon, Ga./Stanford University***
- Yul Moldauer, Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics*
- Kameron Nelson, Evans, Ga./Ohio State University**
- Curran Phillips, Naperville, Ill./Stanford University**
- Fred Richard, Stoughton, Mass./University of Michigan*
- Ian Skirkey (Pepperell, Mass./University of Illinois#
- Blake Sun (San Antonio, Texas/Stanford University
- Donnell Whittenburg, Milwaukee, Wisc./Salto Gymnastics Center
- Khoi Young, Bowie, Md./Stanford University
- Shane Wiskus, Spring Park, Minn./EVO Gymnastics*
Additionally, via all-around D score ranking from Day 1, Landen Blixt will replace Josh Karnes’ spot on the Senior Development Team until 2023 U.S. Championships.
* Automatically selected following Friday’s Winter Cup all-around competition
** Automatically selected from 10-point program following Sunday’s Winter Cup competition
*** 2022 World Championships gold medalist
# IE benchmark selection