Region 4 announces 2022 Elite Team Cup Lineup
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., February 11, 2022 – Region 4 has announced the eight athletes who will travel to Frisco, Texas, later this month for the 2022 Elite Team Cup Presented by TURN. The Elite Team Cup is an annual competition featuring regional teams of six men’s Junior Elite gymnasts battling it out for national dominance.
This year’s event is being held Saturday, February 26 in conjunction with the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN. Top Elite Team Cup performers will have the opportunity to compete for individual apparatus titles Sunday, February 27 alongside their senior counterparts, including 2017 Region 4 team member and 2020 Olympian Shane Wiskus.
The provisional Region 4 roster is listed alphabetically below. While eight athletes will travel to the event, only six will compete.
- Solen Chiodi, Marquette, Mich./Mini-Hops Gymnastics
- Mark Fu, Minnetonka, Minn./Mini-Hops Gymnastics
- Cameron Klimmek, Ramsey, Minn./Mini-Hops Gymnastics
- Michael Nguyen, Fort Dodge, Iowa/Chow’s Gymnastics
- Jude Norris, Carlisle, Iowa/Chow’s Gymnastics
- Saahil Tumuluri, Brookfield, Wis./Salto Gymnastics
- Matthew Underhill, Oconomowoc, Wis./Salto Gymnastics
- John Wear, Omaha, Neb./Cahoy’s Gymnastics
All-session tickets, which include access to all three events, are currently on sale, along with single-session options.
USA Gymnastics men’s artistic regions are determined by state and are listed below. The remaining Elite Team Cup regional rosters will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming