Region 3 announces 2022 Elite Team Cup roster in title-defense bid
INDIANAPOLIS, February 2, 2022 – Region 3 athletes will look to keep their unbeaten Elite Team Cup streak alive February 26 at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. This year’s Region 3 squad is led by two-time champion Caden Clinton who could become the first Elite Team Cup athlete to hoist the trophy thrice.
The Elite Team Cup is an annual competition featuring regional teams of six USA Gymnastics Men’s Development Program Junior Elite athletes facing off for national bragging rights. The event is held in conjunction with USA Gymnastics’ 2022 Winter Cup and the annual Nastia Liukin Cup. Based on their performances, select Elite Team Cup performers will have the opportunity to compete for Winter Cup junior apparatus titles February 27 alongside their senior elite counterparts.
The preliminary Region 3 roster is listed alphabetically below. Eight athletes will travel to the event, with six gymnasts ultimately selected to compete.
- Caden Clinton, Cypress, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Alex Deubler, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
- Mason Heath, Katy, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Cash Johnston, Houston, Texas/Houston Gymnastics Association
- Kiran Mandava, Cypress, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Richard Mays, Sugarland, Texas/EnRich Gymnastics
- Chase Mondi, Lawrence, Kan./Emerald City Gymnastics
- David Shamah, McKinney, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
For more information visit wintercup.com/eliteteamcup. Tickets for the 2022 Elite Team Cup, Winter Cup and Nastia Liukin Cup are available for purchase here.
Men’s regions are determined by state and are listed below. Remaining Elite Team Cup rosters will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming